Wednesday, August 29, 2007

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS by J.K. Rowling

Booklist starred (August 2007 (Vol. 103, No. 22))

"The cloak of inevitability hangs on the final installment of the Harry Potter series. One must die, one will live. Friends will be distinguished from foes. All will be revealed. To Rowling’s great credit, she manages this finale with the flair and respect for her audience that have permeated the previous six novels, though the mood here is quite different..."

Harry, Harry, Harry...I am so bereft that it's over. I think I need to start at the beginning again. Thank you, J.K. Rowling for giving so many of us an unsurpassed reading experience.

If you haven't tried the Harry Potter books, well, what are you waiting for???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this book! I thought it was sooo good, but I was really sad when soo many people died. I also liked that Hermione and Ron hook up, because I knew it was going to happen from the very begining of the first book. I can't wait for the 6th and 7th movies to come out! Have you heard that the 7th book was gonna be made into 2 movies, so they wouldn't have to cut out as much? I am soo exited about that, because the 5th movie was a little dissapointing, only in that there was sooo much that they should have covered, but cut it out. I love this book! If you haven't heard of the Harry Potter series, you need to read them! But don't try to read the books out of order, because it doesn't make any sense. Read them in order, or don't read them at all!