Saturday, November 22, 2008

TWISTED BY Laurie Halse Anderson

2007. Family problems, high school, friendship, bullying "After finally getting noticed by someone other than school bullies and his ever-angry father, seventeen-year-old Tyler enjoys his tough new reputation and the attentions of a popular girl, but when life starts to go bad again, he must choose between transforming himself or giving in to his destructive thoughts."

Twisted was recommended to me by a student who read it in one night. I did the same. Another well written, thoughtful, on the edge of your seat work by Anderson. In my book, she's batting a perfect score - every single one of her books is a winner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this book!

Debbie said...

This book has been very popular with some of my reluctant readers. I can't seem to keep track of my copy that I let students borrow, and our school library has a waiting list for it. I, too, am a huge fan of Laurie Halse Anderson.